Monday, October 26, 2009

Life as a mom of 2



So its been over 4 weeks since I last made a post. And in that time Nathan Steven Allen was born on September 25, 2009 at 8:08 am weighing 7lbs 5 oz and was 20.5 in long.

I have attached a picture of Blake and Nathan, it was the first time Blake got to see his new baby brother and he was excited and happy. I had feared he would be jealous or rebel and not be his calm happy self. Lots of friends told me not to worry he was excited to be a big brother and all would be fine but I still worried. Well I had nothing to worry about because he has done great and each time he comes home he kisses Nathan on the forehead and when he goes to bed he gives him a kiss good night. I am so thankful that he accepted a new baby so well.

As for me the lack of sleep is about to do me in, I keep telling myself it wont last forever but some days I really start to wonder. Only getting one to two hours of sleep a night makes me extra moody and I have a hard time maintaining patience with Blake when he is tired and grumpy and with Kenny because he sleeps all night and never hears Nathan cry (or he just tells me that so he don't have to get up) I am not much of a morning person so I have started doing all that I can at night before bed, getting lunches ready, clothes laid out diaper bag packed and it helps but I am still not morning person and not sure that I will ever be.

But we have survived one whole month and Nathan has already changed and grown he smiles when he hears Blake or Kenny's voice. I will have to post the picture I took of Blake with Nathan over the weekend in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment