The last four weeks have been more stressful and trying than I had expected. I knew that having a new baby would create stress but I hadn't anticipated all of the other things that have happened.
The day after we had Nathan my dad and sister came to see us at the hospital and he slept the whole time there so neither one of them held him. The following day my dad called to tell me they took my sister by helicopter to Children's Hospital in St. Louis and that she had HNN1 flu. Totally scared me considering we just saw her the day before lucky for us no one else in my family got it and they think that she had just started showing symptoms that day. They found that along with her respiratory problems that she has had since birth that she had pneumonia. She remained in the hospital for over two weeks and at one point they didn't know if she would pull thru. Thankfully she did and seems to be back to normal.
During that time I helped move a friend twice in the same week, which was very tiring on me but was good to get out of the house and to actually do something but I was surprised at how tired I became doing so much. Then another friend of mine found out she had cancer on her cervix and had surgery to remove the cancerous cells and they think it was a success which I hope and pray they are right.
I had my 3 week check up with my OB doctor and I had lost all the baby weight plus an extra 5 pounds which made me happy, my blood pressure was back on the low side again which was also great news. When I the doctor walked in the room she said let me tell you about your placenta. I had already knew there was problems since week 20 when I had cramps and spotting and the Doctor in Columbia told me it had a partial tear. Also during the C-Section she made mention of bleeding that was more than normal and the day she released us she told me she was very glad we did the C-Section both times I didn't ask why I was just glad me and Nathan were fine. Well she proceeded to tell me why, my blood vessels that attach to the placenta were only attached on the surface instead of attaching farther in which is why when I did to much or lifted things I would cramp and spot. She informed me that if we would have went ahead with a normal delivery that there was a good chance I would have hemorrhaged. I am very glad that the Doctor in Columbia said we should do the C-Section and very glad I listened to my gut instinct to go ahead with the C-Section. I had a fear all along that something would happen in delivery if we went in to labor.
I got my tubes tied after she got Nathan out and I am glad I did, I really don't think I could go thru another pregnancy and there would be a high risk of having complications again and a risk of another miscarriage. I am perfectly happy being the mom of two wonderful healthy boys and happy that I am healthy. People keep saying you will regret it but I thought about the decision the entire pregnancy and knew deep down that I was making the right choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment