Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Crazy Busy Tired

Sorry for lack of posts lately. Nothing new or fun to write about on top of being busy with things that wouldn't make for a fun post to read. So I will do a catch up post hitting some of the things that has been going on and they are in no particular order.

* Life went from pretty calm and only working a few ambulance shifts a month to crazy every weekend busy between working both jobs, helping with the fire department for the auctions and taking some classes.

*Weather has still been hit and miss nice one day cold the next which has dampened my mood as well as efforts to get out of the office at lunch and walk.

*Finally sucked up the courage to make an appointment with a chiropractor the thought of someone twisting and popping me makes me cringe. However I can twist pop bend crack all day long and that don't bother me. But it was time to finally get my hips corrected they are out of whack and its affecting me trying to run walk or ride my bike. So vs pushing thru the pain (which I have done for more years than I care to admit) I will be smart and get realigned.

*Last Friday I took vacation day from my office job to attend a class at the ambulance base, was a good class lots of good info and I honestly learned a lot. There is another class I really need to take on the 25th so hope my boss sees I have the work caught up and hours made up so I can take it. Plus it sounds fun RSI rapid sequence intubation I believe is what it stands for. I have yet to see anyone be intubated but I know it will happen and I need to know what I can do to help my partner.

*This Saturday and Sunday is a class at a local fire department that I signed up for months ago. Sounded cool fire cause and determination and arson awareness. Yep two days of classroom but figuring out that there will be a practical live burn that we do..... So I will get to try out my new gloves and new pink nomex hood but not so fond of having to wear SCBA.. or having the massive crash course on relearning to use it since its been YEARS (12) since I have had an airtank and mask on.... To say I am a bit frazzled is understatement.

*Saturday night the kids stayed with my mom so we went to dinner at a local bar and grill. Planned on just having dinner and going home. Well one drink tasted so good I had a few with dinner and ended up closing the place down with another couple we knew there.

*Sleep would be great between working the last two nights and Nathan deciding he don't want to sleep by himself anymore I am wore out. Think its just a phase he is going thru as I remember Blake doing the same thing around the same age. Plus he is getting some molars in, allergies acting up with all the pollen oh and watched a movie that scared him and now don't like zombies. SO between me putting him back to bed a million times telling him leprechauns aren't real and zombies aren't real we usually end up on the couch trying to sleep.

*Hard to believe theres only a month left of school and I will have a 4th grader! He's already asking how many days until the pig roast and how much older does he have to be to shoot the pig.

*Theres lots of other things going on that has created stress and busy times but not things I will post about on here.

If I survive the chiropractor appt next Tuesday I will post about it as well as post about my fire class I am taking this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment