Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April already what happened to March????

Wow hard to believe its already April. Where did March go heck where did the whole first 3 months of the year go????

April needs to be warmer than March was very much over being cold having frost on  my windows each morning. Not that I am ready for thunderstorms and tornadoes but they do sound better than snow and ice. April is also the month for my birthday I will be 31 on the 25.

Last month my goals were:

Goals for March:
1-Get some mileage in on the dreaded treadmill. I have signed myself and hubby up for a 4 mile race March 22, some friends of ours are doing it and talked us in to it. Wish I could say that mileage happened but it didn't. However the race came and went and I survived....


2-Continue spending more time with the kids in evenings and once weather warms up taking them to the park or for long walks or bike rides. Doing good with this one hasn't been warm enough for park fun, but have taken them skating a few times and went on a couple short bike rides (forgot how sore those seats can make your behind).

3-Find ways to manage stress better I would like to say I am better at this but learned its a process can't just happen over night. So I am better with it than I was this time last month.

4-More water less soda (its getting easier but days when stressed I WANT my Dr. Pepper) Tried the Advocare Spark drink and like it and also use Zipfizz some as well. 98% on this only have one soda a day and sometimes none....

5-Learn to open up more to my close friends before getting to the over stressed overwhelmed point. Lets just say I opened up to a "close" friend and didn't go so well. So I have one or two people I know I can talk to about anything and I will have to be ok with that.


Goals for April:
1-Participate in a instagram challenge called #HeatItUp. Never tried one of these challenges before so thought it would be fun.

2-Decided to do the April plank a day challenge however I know if I try to aim for the seconds and minutes it states each day I will get overwhelmed and quit. So I am just going to do a plank each day for however long I can hold it.

3-Do more family things with the kids and hubby. Blake loves roller blading so I think I am going to make that something me and him do together until Nathan wants to go out there with us. Then find something that Nathan and I can do together.

4-Less soda I don't need to add more water doing good at that. Right now I really only want soda when I eat certain foods or really stressed. So I will just limit it more and more and hopefully one day I won't want it.

5-More bike rides with the boys. I learned Saturday that I need to figure out what is out of whack in my lower back hip area that has been causing pain and making it hard to ride the bike.

6-Continue to work on stress management.

No comments:

Post a Comment