Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Snow...snow...cold....yuck.....

I'm so over winter the cold weather and snow.. Yesterday by noon temp was -4 when I woke up it was -10!! 

I worked Saturday night and we watched weather to see winter storm warning in our area. At midnight no snow. Ran a call at 4am just a dusting. Ran another call at 6am and this. 
This was on a main highway only a partial set of tracks other than ours. After our call less than 20 min later our tracks were gone!! We made it back to base and it continued to fall hard. 
I left work a hour later than normal thinking they would have made at least one pass over the roads with the snow plow but nope. 
This was same road as first pic and was more snow covered than before at least it was daylight so I could tell landmarks and know where to drive. 
Snow up to my knees in most places and where drifts were was up thigh high!! I hadn't seen a snow like this since I was a kid!! My kids wanted to go play we lasted maybe 45 minutes. 
Nathan wasnt a fan once he stepped in a drift and lost a boot!
Lot of upper body workout with shoveling and pushing snow to get to cars to clean them off! My boss called me Sunday night to say not to come in. In 10 years of working here she's never done that. 
This was the warm temp of the day ha ha ha. I could never live somewhere that has snow and temps like this all year. I like the occasional snow and cold then return to regular winter temps of 20-30's...
Roads are still not real clear most are packed and slick and weather guy says more snow coming tomorrow night. 
I also work tomorrow night. I'm starting to see a trend each time I pick up extra shifts it snows ices or sleets....

3 comments:

  1. Yuck! That is too cold! I hope it warms up and the snow melts soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow and Ice and this cold is just...ugh. My tolerance for it is going down. Stay safe out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was like that too here in Ohio. I'm glad we're up to 11F. I'll take it. Better than negative temps.

    ReplyDelete