Friday, January 31, 2014

January is over already....

Can't believe that January is already over feels like the year just started and already have to flip the calender!

This ended up being a super busy month for me one week I worked 99 hours between both jobs most weeks I seemed to average between 45-70.

My goals for last month were:

January:
1-Drink more water each day I do great Monday thru Friday at work but weekends I sometimes struggle. Especially if I am working. I have done better with this even at my second job. When we go on transfers if I'm not super tired or its not late at night I get a fountain lemonade instead of soda. Now the late night early morning transfers I get soda to keep me awake.


2-Workout at least 3 times a week. Doing both cardio and ab, leg and arm exercises. I have searched pintrest for some quick easy workouts that I can do at home. Pretty much a fail I have been more active as in moving around doing more at home and work. Make more trips up the stairs at my office job and doing wall pushups when in the restroom at work.

3-Start cutting back on soda try to only have one a day. Hmmm its better at times and worse at times depending on the week. I need to find something else to have when stressed and frazzled right now when I hit that point I want a fountain dr pepper.

4-Eat healthier was doing pretty good until holidays hit then still staying away from fast foods. However snacks chips and frozen pizzas have been filling that void. Done fairly well with this one can't remember the last time I ate McDonalds or any other icky fast food I have had subway chicken from sonic made good choices at restaurants etc.

5-Look in the mirror and find something I like about myself not instantly finding what I don't like yes and no I still avoid the mirror like the plague but I have quit weighing myself daily and multiple times a day. I think the week I worked the 99 hours I wasn't ever home long enough to weigh let alone have energy to. So that sort of broke that habit.

6-Stress less and find ways to manage stress better not to let it bog me down until I fall apart or want to disappear. Still a work in progress I am happy to say (unless something happens today) I haven't hit that wall that I want to say forget it all and throw in the towel.


Goals for February:
1-Get a schedule figured out where I can schedule time in for workouts. I have my first race of the year coming up in 22 days its just a fun 5k but I want to beat my time of last year.

2-Get my costume done for that race and quit procrastinating. I have the tulle just need to cut and make the tutu.

3-Continue to drink more water and cut back on soda.

4-Bring healthy lunches for work and cook more crockpot meals along with cooking more than we need at night so we have leftovers for a few days.

5-Spend time with the boys one on one and together hope weather starts to warm up some so we can go for walks or bike rides on our road.

No comments:

Post a Comment