Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A weekend off...!

For the first time in months I was off work from both jobs for 3 days in a row! After last week in working 99 hours from Sunday to Friday a couple days off was much needed. I ended up working 80 hours straight from Sunday at 8am until Wednesday at 5pm.. Never was home just bounced from office to ambulance base. 
So Friday night we decided to have a date night then last minute a friend of ours decided to come along. Some people would have been mad at their spouse for inviting one of their guy friends along but I generally don't mind. 
We went to dinner then to Sputs place for a couple bday parties. I got to see one of my good friends and well we had fun. 
I won't say how many mixed drinks I had but it was way to many 
Yes eyes half closed that happens in a dark bar when camera flash goes off.... 
We took the phone of the friend in other photo and we took lots of silly pictures for her to find later :). 
Saturday for a slow start to the day but was nice to sleep in for a change. We went grocery shopping which is rare for is to do together anymore. Then home to get ready to go to another friends house for a fish fry. Now the fish fry was for guys only however when Kenny called to ask about it I was told I was invited because I was one of them..... And I'm the only girl who has been around Kenny's high school friends for 15 years all the other guys have had many different girlfriends and wives over the years. Plus I've always got along better with guys than girls way less drama. We had a good time and about 10pm our friends wife got home from work and I was able to catch up with her. We both work crazy hours so its hard to find time. 
Sunday slept in again then that afternoon was to get the boys from my mom then meet Kathy to check out a field for her to rent for her horses. About 30 min before meeting her fire got paged out for a grass fire. Knowing Kathy would understand I went to the call was glad I was wearing my boots but wasn't happy to get my pink jacket covered in black soot.. The funny thing was Kathy didn't know what call I went on but by listening to radio traffic found the scene and was there waiting for me. I think her smile was as big as mine was we both love fire fighting and ems. Finally got to walk the property for her horses was nice spending the afternoon with her. 
Monday Blake had school and Nathan wanted to go to daycare so I went shopping in a near by town for some shirts and pants. Found lots of stuff on sale and bought a massage stick roller thing to use after working out. Not as fancy as some I've seen but I think it will work. 
Was hard coming back to the office today. I had got rid of my headache and tension in my jaws and by 11 it was back :(. I get to work a night shift at the ambulance tomorrow night. I think the 100 hour work weeks will be far and few in between. I'm still trying to recover! 

3 comments:

  1. Dang, we missed you Friday night. We were only at Sput"s a short while as Dwayne had to be at work in St. Louis at five the next morning. He worked til midnight and started in again at five Sunday morning. He was extremely tired when he got home.
    I missed seeing the boys Sunday. When I got to church "my" seat was taken. lol So I was in the back row with tall people in front of me. I saw the boys up with your Mom, I even thought about walking up there during church to ask the boys to come back and sit with me. Then I thought that wouldn't be very proper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have went up and asked them, they would have loved siting with their Connie :)
      I finally told the boys who was going with us to Monster Jam well I told them you and Dwayne figured I would leave the other person as a surprise.

      Delete