The weekend flew by pretty fast and my calander tells me today is Tuesday however I am not sure what day it feels like..
Friday evening my kids went to spend a couple days with their grandparents (my in laws) they hadn't been over there for quite some time. While Kenny was taking them over there I ran back to town and did the grocery shopping. I hadn't bought groceries oh in a few weeks, I had been working most Friday nights and just never found time during the week to go. No sooner than I got home it started raining and storming.
Saturday morning I slept in an extra hour or so which was nice but also made me feel blah. We went to town and ate breakfast together and then I went home and started cleaning and doing laundry. I was trying to keep my mind off the race that evening. I was full of all sorts of emotions and being home alone was not a good combo. Finally it came time to get ready to head to the race and I was still nervous but had to stay happy and positive for the rest of the members of the team who had never experienced a race before. 3 miles don't sound like a lot but doing it in a race setting and somewhere you have never been adds a lot of stress and unknowns. The race was good and we all had a good time and finished and they even want to do more. I think on the next one we will all end up spread out going our own pace (I hope to beat them all across the finish line) I will however have to get pretty quick to beat the one guy on our team that was FAST.
Sunday morning I headed to work a 24 hour shift. Normally I don't work a 24 on a Sunday because I get off at 8am but my office job starts at 8am. The towns are only 10 minutes apart but there are tons of things that could happen. Early morning transfer that don't get back until after 8 or a call that comes in around 7 and keeps you out longer. I got lucky and none of that happened. However it was one of those days that didn't go so well nothing went right and the truck we were to be in didn't like us and wouldn't go in gear.. Now of course when the other crew got in it worked for them and of course they were men and were all macho saying well there's nothing wrong with it.. (Side note: I went back in last night to work and they had taken it to the repair shop guess someone else thought something was off)
Monday I went from one job to the other was odd not being home to get ready for work was strange. Was strange not seeing the boys and getting them ready. I worked all day at the office and went back to work from 5:30 pm until 8 this morning to help cover a shift. Had a good shift other than we had a transfer that kept us out from 9p until almost 2a this morning. So not much sleep and I am feeling it at work today.
I don't think I can ping pong back and forth to both jobs not being home very regular. I miss the boys as I haven't seen them since Friday I am ready for a long hot shower and to sleep in my bed.
Tonight my best friend that moved to Hawaii is back in Missouri visiting family and we are going to have dinner tonight. Yes I would much rather go home see my family and relax I can't pass up the chance to see her its been since last year and with the cost of flying not sure how often she will get to visit. As plans are now she will come home with me after our dinner and her and her daughter will spend the night at our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment