Friday, August 9, 2013

The week flew!

This week has flown by between working both jobs, kids, visit from a good friend and just every day life its Friday and I feel very unaccomplished with things at home.. Dishes, laundry, cleaning and cooking.

Tuesday night one of my best friends and her daughter came to stay the evening and night with us as they passed thru to see other family. My boys LOVED having Briley to play with and I enjoyed the company of Lesley had been way to long.

 
Briley and I at the pizza place. She was quite the little ham running around the tables for the majority of the time we were there we were the only ones in the restaurant.
 
She helped us feed our cow which she thought was super cool. Kept saying come here cow time to eat dinner.

The boys found a frog and she had to play with it too.

Nathan let her ride his tractor and helped her figure out how to pedal. The boys were so sweet and helpful with her.

Blake was showing her how to pedal a bike.

After we got kids in bed we watched tv and talked til after 11pm! I was exhausted but was well worth it to spend time with her.

Last night I went to help pump gas for tips with the Ambulance to give the money to the families in need from our local flooding. We raised quite a bit of money in 2.5 hours last night and we will be doing it again tonight. I was shocked at the amount of people who saw us there and just drove thru to give us money.
Here is part of our group from last night. I will be back out there again tonight and then Saturday morning.

This week I have struggled with missing the boys and hubby. Last night when I got home I let the kids stay up and we piled on the couch and watched a tv show. I told them tonight I would bring milk shakes home (one of their favorite treats they don't get often) and we would stay up late watching tv. I work a 24 hour shift Saturday and I plan to make Sunday a day to do stuff with just the kids.

I haven't been home much which is hard but kids are in great hands and like the one on one time with dad. I am out helping people something I really enjoy and the kids think its neat that I work on the ambulance. Its a struggle at times but I wouldn't trade it for anything ok maybe a little sleep would be nice :)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment