I do the weekly chase each week but decided for August to also add in some monthly goals. I've tried setting goals on January 1st just to stick with it for a time then realize the end of the goal is to far or hard to reach and I stop. The Weekly Chase has been awesome to keep me on track each week and I have read lots of blogs that do monthly goals. So maybe the monthly along with weekly will keep me on track and going.
I am a plan ahead person I like having a plan and don't roll real well when those plans get altered. I am however getting a bit better but I still like a set schedule and plan. My kids seem to work well when we have a fairly set schedule saves some meltdowns. However they are doing good with the many changes that have happened since I got my EMT job and seem to enjoy that some days/nights they get time with daddy. Probably because they get away with more stay up later and play louder and rougher.
So here are my goals for August (still can't believe we are in the 8th month already)
-Get in at least 35 miles for the month yes its not much but will be a good small goal so I don't over do it getting back in to working out.
-Work on more than just cardio do abs, legs, arms etc possibly check in to getting some insanity dvds or something along that line. Do at least 2 of those kinds a workouts a week.
-Spend time with the kids daily and pick some fun things to go and do with them that won't break the bank but that they will have fun with and make fun memories.
-Work on ways to manage my stress and not let it keep me up at night or make me break out in hives daily.
-Cut back on processed foods and work on cooking simple easy healthy dinners at home.
-Include the kids more in cooking and get them to eating more of a variety.
-Have a weekend with just hubby for our 10 year anniversary which is coming up in a few weeks. Any suggestions on what to do that won't break the bank but yet be fun and active let me know.
Not a lot of goals but enough to keep me on track for the month and work on areas I struggle with.
I love you goals, small and big goals are fabulous. You are doing great getting back into things after the injury....keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Figure needed to start somewhere :)
Delete