Saturday was my first ever 5k we opted to do the walk instead of the run which was fine and I am honestly glad we did. Doing the walk we were able to interact with other walkers see the sights and enjoy our time. Not to mention it was almost 90 before the race started at 9! We were walking for my friends mom who is battleing breast cancer for the second time. They had signs you could put on your shirt that said you were walking for and we saw one couple who were in their 70's walking and the back of her shirt said walking for me 47 year survivor. We saw several walking that were survivors and several who were walking in memory of a loved one it was very emotional to say the least.
There were people as far as you could see ahead of us and behind us. I had never seen so many people in one place at one time. But with all the people there was no pushing shoving everyone was friendly.
During our walk we saw a resturant who was selling hotdogs on the sidwalk so Amy (on the left) and I had to stop and have us a city hot dog Lesley (middle) laughed at us but we wanted a good city expierence so a hotdog on the street hey why not. Not to mention it was the first thing we had to eat that day and it was already halfway thru the race.
I saw a pink fire truck on our way to the race that morning and I told the girls I wanted to go find it again and get a picture.
Then I found one of the fire fighters and he had pink gear and well I was in love. I told him I think I needed to get a job there just to wear my favorite color daily! He wasn't very friendly or I would have asked him if I could try on his coat and helmet and get a picture.
The race was awesome and I hope that I can do it again with Lesley and Amy next year. But also doing my first race has made me want to find another race to sign up for and to run the next one.





Great job! I love the pic of the pink firefighter:)
ReplyDeleteI liked the pink firefighter too! Really really wanted to try his gear on and get a picture.
Delete