I have way to many things running around in my head to focus on one topic for one post. So I will just do one post with a lot of little things....
Update on School its done and over :( Last Thursday was the last day and she gave us our certificate of completion, I got a perfect attendance award and we got our final grades. I knew as of last Monday what my grade was but seeing it on paper well that was awesome. I graduated highest grade in class of a 99.9 I really figured that the girl who sat next to me would tie with me but I ended up being a bit higher than her. I worked my tail off for the last 20 weeks and put in over 176 hours of ambulance time. Which I also took the cake for most ambulance hours out of the whole class.
Last weekend was the first weekend since March 12 that I wasn't on an ambulance at some point during a weekend and it really bothered me a lot. I liked being home to sleep in and spend time with Nathan (Blake was at my mom's farming) but I felt heart broke that I wasn't going to be on an ambulance doing what I loved anytime in the near future.
I took my practical skills test on June 8th and passed and once we completed class I was able to go in and pay and schedule for my written computerized test... Logged in today and picked a date and I can say I felt like throwing up clicking the date time and then accept. I go to Columbia on July 7 at 4pm to take the final step in becoming an EMT. So now its time to kick back in study mode and study my tail off to be ready. Our teacher told us that all of the students that passed the written first time thru she would pay for their Missouri State license for the first year. Which I thought was pretty cool of her to offer plus once we are all done testing we are going to get together and have a big celebratory bbq.
This weekend I am driving to see one of my best friends it will be my first ever solo trip to St. Louis and past to her home in Belleville Ill. I am driving up Friday after work and spending the night with her and her sister. Then up early the next morning to meet the rest of the group to travel on in to downtown St. Louis to do the Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer 5k. Its my first ever race and I cant think of a better friend to do it with and for a better reason. We are walking for her and her sisters mom who is battling breast cancer for the second time within two years. I have a feeling it will be a very emotional day seeing all the survivors there and those who are battling it and all the teams who came together to show support for such a great cause. Hope to have lots of pictures of our team and race to blog about first part of the week.
Our house is almost complete! We installed the stove and microwave over the weekend and the kitchen is completely done! All that is really left is paint interior doors which we took down Sunday and a friend is coming to paint them later in the week and then laying carpet. I went yesterday to a carpet store that was recommended to me and I was really pleased with how nice and friendly they were. I found a carpet I really liked and they are going to come out and measure and give us a price. I would much much rather go local thru this place than Lowes. The owner of the store was the one talking to me yesterday and he also is one of the installers so to go to one store and meet who is going to be working at the house laying the carpet is nice. Way better than Lowe's or Home Depot where you have no clue who will be coming and never get the same person twice in the department.
Wow, you have a lot going on! Great job on your graduation:)
ReplyDelete