Wow I realized this morning I have a lot to catch up on. Class is going great we got our mid term grades and I have a 94.8% which I am pleased about.
I did my first ambulance time for class on March 10 I was nervous going in. I was the first in my class to start and we weren't as far along in our book as she normally is when we start doing clinicals. However I tried to put that all aside and go for it. It was a very busy day I was there from 7 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon. Before truck checks and well before some even were clocked in we got a call out on the other side of Edgar Springs. By the time we got out there took him to Texas County Hospital and back to Rolla it was a 2 hour call. Which I guess is normal and why they call Edgar Springs 2 hour E calls. The rest of the day flew worked with a great group of people. I was nervous while taking blood pressure and realized when your heart is racing its hard to hear their pulse.
This past Saturday while my kids were having fun with friends I worked a 15 hour shift on the ambulance. The day started out pretty slow and then was fairly steady. Worked with several EMT and Paramedics that I hadn't ever met before. The calls we had were really good ones and ones that really tested my abilities. I was with two different crews for the two hardest calls and they were both pleased with how I responded. The last call of the day was once again on the other side of Edgar Springs and we ended up having to fly that guy out. While it was awesome seeing the helicopter land and take off wasn't to awesome for the patient. I was glad that was the last call of my shift it was a whole lot to take in.
I've loved every minute of the ambulance so far even when its slow and you go outside and wash trucks or mop the floor. I have some more time scheduled with Rolla but I am also going to schedule some time to ride with St. James.
Nice job on your grade! Great job on the ride alongs. Such a good way to gain experience.
ReplyDelete