Thursday, October 7, 2010

Random Thoughts

I haven't really had much to post about lately so I decided to make a post of random things running through my head.

First off Blake is really starting to get into soccer and catching on to the way the game is played. I was not a soccer player so I am of no help in that area. However if my school would have had soccer I think I would have tried out for the team its a fun game.

Nathan is starting to look more and more like a toddler and not a baby, while part of me is sad the other part is happy to see him learning and growing. He loves milk but I have yet to find a sippy cup he likes which frustrates me to no end. Blake was off formula and bottle two days after first birthday. Nathan will hear the door open at daycare when I arrive and even without seeing its me he starts chanting momma momma so cute. And when we are at home and he hears the door open he starts hollering for dadda or bubba.

I am adjusting to the wonderful fall weather we are having however the allergy part could have left me alone very much dislike the itch scratchy throat and drainage but thankful that its waited this long to hit. Now if it could stay this weather for a few months then turn winter I will be one happy camper.

Debating on a new cell phone I have an older Blackberry Curve and its about to crap out on me. I love the phone and have had it for over two years. Just not sure I want to spend 100 or 200 dollars on a new phone. I am eligible for upgrade but the new Blackberry Torch and the iPhone is my two options. I figure if I have to pay for internet I want a phone that has a big enough screen to see it on and not be squinting like I do with my current phone. I am scared of the iphone because I am not a tech savvy person and afraid I can't work it or I will break it. Heck I just found out a month ago I could do a voice recording and send it via text. Which I did with Blake singing his favorite song Big Green Tractor which he requested be sent to "his" April. I will let you all know what I decide on this debate.

With fall upon us I need to start planning for fall family pictures that will be used for Christmas gifts and our holiday card. Lucky for me I have a good friend who is willing to take the pictures for us and since both boys love her they will hold still and pose. Unlike they do for me which is make funny faces or throw a fit! I still need to arrange outfits for the four of us.

Started Christmas looking yesterday have several gift ideas that I will start ordering in the next week or so. Halloween costumes are ready. Blake will be a bullrider once again (4th year in a row) and Nathan will be a cow. I found a super cute costume at Walmart that will keep him nice and warm. I bought Blake a new long sleeve cowboy shirt for his costume which he will love cause it has snaps and not buttons.

Oh and on Facebook I ran across my cousin whom I hadn't seen or talked to since he and his wife moved away when I was 13! Wow he has changed alot, he is a Chief in the Navy and stationed in Silverdale Washington. We have sent several messages thru Facebook and I learned that he rarely comes home but plans a visit soon. His dad is our next door neighbor at our new house (his dad and my grandma are brother and sister) we also decided that we would spend some time together and get some workouts in. Which scares the bejibbers out of me! He is crazy with workouts so I better step mine up and get in to good shape before the beginning of the year so I can keep up! When they lived here I spent tons of time at their house and helped to babysit their son who at that time was a baby. I thought I was super cool getting to hang out with them and their friends, heck I spent more time there than at home!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear Nathan saying new words. I will really have to work on him now to say "Nonnie".

    We all enjoyed him singing Big Green Tractor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like my RAZR phone and am bummed out that its discontinued. I don't really want a fancy phone since I don't pay for internet on it, and if I had a slider phone, I would definately max out my 200 texts/month limit! When I went phone looking the other day, they showed me some very ugly phones. They said that for people who have my needs, they are the best. They also said OLD PEOPLE LOVE THEM! Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete