Had a 3 day weekend which is usually nice gives me Saturday and Sunday to do weekend stuff then Monday to catch up on anything else. However this past holiday weekend was crazy.
Friday night we decided to take the kids and go eat at our favorite Mexican Restaurant after work. Nathan loves the rice and Blake likes the cheese dip and chicken strips. We hadn't been there in a few weeks which is unusual for us normally we are there at least once a week, but with being so busy with the new house we don't have the time or extra money. Then we headed to a friends house to pick up a truck Kenny was to work on Saturday. However the people weren't home and the parts he needed wasn't in the truck, so we wasted a 20 minute drive down all gravel for nothing (not to mention I had just washed my car)
Saturday morning both kids were up way to early which I knew would be disaster later for Nathan. We headed to town to change my oil and decided to go get breakfast. Nathan was getting a bit tired and fussy and we waited an hour after ordering our food and people who came in after us were getting their food and some had already ate and left we didn't order anything different or strange. Nathan had enough and was in need of a nap so I took him out to the car and finally ten minutes later Blake and Kenny come out with our food. They ended up giving us our food for free since we had to wait so long and our order got pushed back and never filled. We then headed back to our friends house to get the truck and Kenny headed off to fix it. I took the kids home with me got Nathan to take a partial nap before Blake woke him up and we headed back to town to get groceries. The whole day was out of whack our plans had been to get all the stuff done in town with one trip and be done by noon. So by 7 Kenny had finished the truck and I was headed over to take the kids to my in-laws for the night then head back to our friends house to pick Kenny up. While we were there I got a text from friends of ours asking if we wanted to go out and eat with them. It was already 8pm but we hadn't ate and decided to go, its not often that we have a sitter for our kids and they have the same issue and for us all four to be able to go out and have an adult meal with no kids is unusual. So we went had a good time visiting with them and got home around midnight.
Sunday we had every intention of attending Old Iron Work's Day's with Blake but we still had several things to do get done. So we headed to our friends house once again (the one 20 minutes down gravel) to mow their grass and borrow their cement mixer. We get everything we need and proceed to our new house. Well I had to pull the trailer behind my car with the new lawn mower and borrowed cement mixer and I am not a trailer puller and was a nervous wreck. On top of that I had a massive sinus headache and felt horrible. So I mustered up the energy and strength to help mix and pour concrete in 6 holes for our porch posts to rest on. By dark I was wore out exhausted and in the time we were pouring concrete we had to go pick the kids up make a trip to Lowes for more premix. The kids were tired fussy and hungry and we still had to return the mixer. I was so glad to get home and shower I had to wash my hair twice to get all the concrete dust out of it.
Monday I had hoped would be a great day I knew I was going to be super busy and crunched on time as I had a lot to take on. Nathan and I drove to St. James to drop Blake off at school, we had to park quite a ways away and by the time I carried Nathan to the school and back out I was already tired. Then Nathan and I headed to the ped office in Jeff City for his one year checkup and shots. Get there with 15 min to spare and notice he had spilled milk on his shirt and pants so had to change him in the car which is never fun in a public parking lot. Get inside and of course the nurse practitioner is running behind so after spending 1.5 hours in the office trying to keep Nathan happy and awake long past his nap they discover he had the start of an ear infection. News to me as he had no other symptoms other than a low grade fever when they checked his vitals when we arrived. So no shots have to return on Oct. 22nd, they called in meds for his ear. The lady we saw is not his regular doctor, which is usually not a huge deal on a well visit. However she was very concerned that his weight hadn't changed much from 6 months as he is barely 20 pounds and his height hadn't changed either (I beg to differ cause his 6 month pants are way to short) but 12 month pants are way to big everywhere.
We leave there head to Target to grab a few things and his medicine he is still not a happy camper with not having his nap he took a partial nap while I held him at the dr office and then slept from the office to Target. Luckily we got everything we needed before he really had a tantrum. I decide I need a tea and a 1.00 burger from Sonic on our way out of Jeff and boy did it taste good! We got home with 40 minutes to spare before having to be at Blake's school to pick him up, once again carry Nathan into school and back out. Before we left St. James it was sprinkling and then rained hard on the way home and quit. I wondered if Blake would have soccer practice, which would be another trip to town but luckily it got cancelled. Blake was upset but daddy made that better when he called and offered to bring home Taco Bell.
Nathan slept alot yesterday afternoon and then slept good last night and woke up happy today, which I was so glad of. Maybe his ear won't bother him to much before the medicine takes care of it. Blake has never had an ear infection and this is the first for Nathan so I guess out of two kids and 5 years one ear infection isn't to bad.
I really hope that the rest of the week goes smooth. Blake has his last fall soccer game tonight and pretty sure that's our only evening plans. I have a benefit dinner I would like to attend and help with if I have sitter on Saturday. But right now that seems like a long long time away.
No comments:
Post a Comment