Thursday, May 27, 2010

Blake loves his bike

Last weekend Kenny had to work and so I asked Blake if he wanted to take his bike to the park and go for a ride on a big long sidewalk that went thru a field and over a bridge. He was excited and wanted to go. I wasn't sure how far or long he would want to ride without getting tired or if he would even make an attempt. We loaded up early Saturday morning and headed to the park here in town. I put Nathan in the stroller and then packed the diaper bag in the bottom (extra weight for extra calorie burn) Nathan loves stroller rides and watching all the sights. Blake put his little helmet on and jumped on and was ready. To my surprise he did awesome never stopped never got tired. When we would meet others on the sidewalk he would pedal up ahead of me and wait and tell each person hello. It was to sweet, Nathan smiled at everyone who went by I was a proud momma. So I told him after we had went half a mile one way that he could tell me when he was ready to turn back so at about .6 miles he said lets go back and play. So he rode all the way back to the play area riding a little over a mile. I wish I would have taken some pictures it was so neat, but I think that since Kenny has to work most weekends that this will be our new thing and something that just the three of us do together.

4 comments:

  1. I bet you were a proud momma and you should be, you have the sweetest little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you guys are having a blast this weekend camping, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the days of taking my kids to the park.
    Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even thought of bike rides at a park! Now I am excited!!!

    ReplyDelete