Whew it has been a crazy week at work, I have several thoughts for blog entries just not enough time to complete them.
I had a good Mother's Day weekend, well minus Saturday with the fact that the yardsale bit the dust and I worked way to hard alone and didn't have the help that I was told I would have. Saturday after the yardsale I went to pick the kids up from my parents house and my step dad had taken Blake to Lowes the night before and let him pick out a flower for my mom and I, which was a nice surprise. So now as soon as the weather breaks Blake and I will have two flowers to plant.
Sunday was a good day. The boys each wore matching red button up shirts to church and I wore a red and black dress that I had never wore before (and was surprised it fit). Each year on Mother's Day our church gives each mom a flower and then the youngest mom and oldest mom get called up front and get a huge hanging basket of flowers. Well this year I was the youngest mom, and while I dislike having to be in front of people I mustered the courage to stand up there while every one clapped for myself and the oldest mom. Lucky for me my Grandpa carried my basket of flowers and sat them by my car when they left then a friend offered to carry Nathan and I normally am not one to accept help but I was tired and sore from the day before so I accepted the help. I am a very stubborn person and will do more than I should just because I hate asking for help.
Oh and Blake made me two magnets in school and I opened the bag up while we were waiting for my grandparents to get to church he was very proud of them and so am I.
I loved it when I dressed the boys in matching clothes. I'm sure they looked super cute!!
ReplyDeleteI can see Blake being proud of his gift. He was proud of the card he made you for your birthday, had to show his Dwayne several times. lol He did a good job writing it too.
ReplyDeleteI think I am having a yard sale this summer if you want to box up some of the things you have left over... ? what do you think? You wouldn't even have to come! I'd mail you the check!
ReplyDelete