Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Weekly Recap

Last week seemed like it flew yet time didn't move. Work was crazy busy and super stressful. I worked at ambulance Monday night and  it was one of the most fun shifts I had in a long time. We played a card game cards against humanity and I forsee it becoming a regular thing on those days where we aren't busy.

Wednesday thru Saturday was the Maries County Fair. This was the first time in several years our fire department wasn't cooking at the fair. It felt super strange knowing we could go at 7pm for the events and I could sit and watch them instead of being busy cooking. However by Saturday I was tired of just sitting there watching but the kids helped that we had to take a dozen trips to the concession stand as well as the bathroom...

Sunday was a lazy day for me and the kids. My sinuses had kicked my butt and between them and the going non stop for weeks it all caught up with me. Nathan's sinuses were also giving him issues so we did a lot of movie watching. Both kids took naps and by evening had perked up.

Yesterday Grandma wanted to take the boys out to lunch and had me go along. The kids LOVE Buffalo Wild Wings because they have tablets the kids can play games on at the tables. I like the boneless chicken wings so its a win win. Grandma had never been there so of course thats where we went. Afterwards they had talked her in to taking them shopping they decided they needed new cowboy boots (actually they both did but I was going to try and hold out for Santa). So after a long trip to Family Center both boys had new boots from Grandma  and since picture day is coming up this week I let them pick out a new cowboy shirt. Funny thing is they both picked the same shirt.

Ok on to the goals from last week and  how I did:

1- Eat healthy 85% of the time for all meals and snacks. Finding that I am craving crap less and less which is good but now need to find some variety of foods to eat so I don't burn out on the few things I like. Did really well with this one. Still haven't found any "new" foods but still not craving junk foods either.

2- Spend time with the kids find things to do with each of them every night. Pretty successful the fair was fun for the kids all 4 nights. I made sure to take each one separatly at least once to the concession stand or to walk around so we had some one on one time. Sunday Nathan fell asleep first so Blake and I had time together then Blake fell asleep when Nathan woke up so it worked out well.


3-Continue to stretch and research some new stretches and some yoga poses. Not as much as I wanted to never did get time to research but still taking time to stretch during work a few times a day. It has really helped the tightness in my shoulders and hips.

4-Track all foods and exercise in myfitness pal. 100% success with that! This may have been the longest I have tracked. However I am finding I am eating less and less calories a day and when I complete my entry for the day it tells me I am not eating enough. Even though I am not hungry or skipping to many meals.

5-Try and find ways to manage stress better and not end up broke out in hives each day at work. Not much luck in that department. A good friend told me to just let it go in on ear and out the other. Some days thats easier said than done.


Goals for this week:

1-Drink more water still drinking at least 80oz but would like to up that some.

2-Continue to spend time with each of the kids nightly.

3- Since I have become used to tracking food time to add in workouts even if its just wall pushups and squats each trip to the restroom while at work.

4-Eat enough calories each day and don't use empty calories just to be able to log calorie intake.


Have a busy week coming up which I will write about soon so 4 goals will be enough to keep me busy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment