Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Now what to do...

Feels slightly strange to not have any goals ahead of me. This past year I started and finished EMT school and became a licensed EMT. Started training for a half marathon which took from July until last week now that race has came and gone. Been busy with fire department for auctions almost every weekend since March/April and last Saturday was more than likely the last one of the year.

Not sure what to do now I am so used to being crazy busy going non stop and now I am looking at the calendar thinking gee now what. This weekend I am taking the kids to a friends birthday party at a local pumpkin patch. Blake has only been to a pumpkin patch once when he was 3 and Nathan has never been. So I hope its a fun afternoon for all 3 of us and hope the weather is nice as well.

Next Wednesday is the last day of the month and Halloween where did the year go! Blake has his costume and well I am undecided on Nathans. I did schedule a vacation day so I can attend Blake's Halloween party at school as well as his Halloween parade. Then I will be able to get them both ready to go to the trunk or treat at the school and St. James Fire Dept. Blake has never been in to trick or treating so he is fine with one or two stops. Since we now live across from my grandparents I can make that the last stop of the night so they can see the boys.

Last year I took the boys to see their great great grandma at her nursing home. I don't plan on doing that this year. Unless my Grandma wants to tag along with me because otherwise my Great Grandma won't know who we are. Which could result in her being not very nice last year she was slightly grumpy and kept asking who I was.

There is a 5k/10k in Belle December 1st that I may sign up for so I can keep up with my running and training. And the money goes for a good cause.

Still trying to process Sunday's race and all the thoughts that come with it. I have had a few friends tell me they were impressed saying its a huge deal. I guess in my mind a half isn't a huge deal now if I would have won or placed or done a full marathon that's a huge deal.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have had a banner year or tw0. You have changed your outset and your eating habits. Remember when you were unhealthy about eating and upset so often about things like clothes and appearances? And then you started to take risks? Like to be on the fire board as secretary, and you got really involved? And then you decided to pursue a dream to finish EMT classes like you started in high school and learn things you thought were helpful and meaningful? And then you made a committment to run a race and you did it?

    YOU ARE IMPRESSIVE. You did big, big things this year.

    ReplyDelete