Friday, October 26, 2012

6 months until.....eeekkkkk....a big milestone.......

Just realized that its 6 months until I turn the big 30!!! Geez I just remember turning 21 then turning 25 now 5 more years have flown by and I will be 30 in 6 months.

Not sure if I want to celebrate my birthday when it comes ignore the fact that I am going to be in my 30's and no longer in my 20's.

Not sure why 30 has always bothered me but it has. I remember quite a while back mentally setting a goal for myself to be at my goal weight by my 30th birthday.. Not totally sure that is within reach but I never thought I would enter or complete a half marathon so guess anything is possible.

On a side note I entered a virtual 5k race http://livinthefitlife.blogspot.com/2012/10/coltons-army-virtaul-race-cancersucks.html (my first attempt at linking another blog to my page sorry if it don't work right....)

Anyway I decided to enter this 5k as the money goes to a very good cause. I have decided that any race I run or walk virtual or actually attend I want it to be for a cause. I did the Susan G. Koman back in June with my friend in honor of her mom and in honor of a lady I work with who had battled breast cancer.
The money from the race last Sunday went to help special needs children have activities they can participate in. I have friends with kids that benefit from that sort of thing.
Colton's Army virtial 5k struck me as one I had to enter and do simply because he is a young boy battling something that no one not even an adult should have to endure.
Having this approach with races may make sound weird to some but it feels right to me. I would rather my hard earned money go towards a good cause to help someone or help fund research to cure cancers and other diseases.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Shelley:) okay so 30 is no biggie. I am 37 and pretty close to the big 4-0. I really feel like you become stronger in your 30's in so many ways and it just continues to get better:) Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete