I am starting to get a bit confused, slightly frustrated and wondering if I didn't push hard enough.
For the race I did 13.1 miles which wasn't counting the long walk from Metro Link to the race start and walking around there that morning killing time trying to stay warm. Then the walk back to Metro Link after race and after walking around the post race festivities.
Drove over two hours home and getting out of the car was a bit rough because I was stupid and didn't stretch much after the race. Took a hot bath some tylenol and went to bed early. Woke up Monday morning shocked to find I could still move normally. My right hip joint was sore but quite a bit of that came from driving and being tense while driving (I hate city driving and large interstates).
Everyone at work was surprised I was moving Monday morning and I admit I was too. The receptionist and several friends were like oh wait until tomorrow it will catch up with you and you won't be able to move. Ok Tuesday came and went I was an idiot and wore heels to work and hundreds of trips up and down the stairs my hip was a bit sore.
So today I wake up feeling totally normal hip is back to its normal and still no muscle soreness. Now is when I am wondering if I didn't push hard enough on Sunday even though I was going as fast and hard as my legs would let me. Or if I am stronger than I thought I gave my self credit for. Either way I am ready to get back to training and get my schedule back on track. I like having my hour away from work to get a couple miles in on my lunch break and I haven't done that yet this week. But since I am not sore haven't been sore I think its safe to resume my workouts.
I think you are in better shape than you think. If you train, your body will bounce back quickly. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteI guess I assumed that since I was still 50 pounds heavier than where I want to be that it meant I wasn't in decent shape and would be feeling the race for days.
DeleteI think you were stronger than you thought.
ReplyDeleteI also heard that ICE BATHS were the thing to do.
And if you have any pain, my chiro says never heat pad, even if its cozy, the tissue is inflamed and needs ice pack!