Monday, October 15, 2012

Less than a week!!!!!!

When I registered for the St. Louis Rock N' Roll Half Marathon months ago oh probably around May or June. October 21 seemed so far away well that's less than a week away now! I am so freaked out about the half this weekend that I could almost throw up. Am I ready for it um probably not haven't gotten quite all the miles in I should have but my friend and I aren't going to let that stop us. I hadn't told very many people that I was trying to train for a half in fact my husband didn't even know the distance until yesterday. I knew that if I had said the distance I would have got negative feedback and well I had that battle in my own mind didn't need anyone else chiming in. I have several friends that knew about it and were in my corner telling me I could do this.

So my friend and I ordered sparkle skirts to wear mine is of course pink and hers is teal. I haven't decided on a shirt to buy yet since the weather forecast keeps changing. I may wear my cupcake classic race shirt I got in the mail last week that is hot pink and black. We got hydration backpacks to use oh and yes they are pink as well. I still need to figure out a good pair of socks and which shoes I will wear.

Our only goal is to finish the 13.1 before the 4 hour cutofff I will be hacked if I worked this hard and we don't cross that finish line and get our medal. For my local readers 13.1 is like going from Vichy to Rolla as I was driving to town the other day I was like dang that's a long way. I know that we will be side tracked by all the bands and spectators along the way. Just hope that is enough to carry us thru all those miles.

This may be the only half that my friend and I get to do together as she is moving to Hawaii the first part of the year :( so we have to complete this one way or another.

4 comments:

  1. You are going to do awesome! Don't worry about the cutoff and just enjoy:) Go Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks!!! We are going to try and have fun but I want to make sure I get that darn medal at the end :)

      Delete
  2. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS and kudos to you for making a goal and sticking to it!! You CAN DO THIS!!! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise- in my experience, most people who will make negative comments about your fitness goals and just jealous. Don't listen to them!

    Hiker mom is right- don't worry about the cutoff and you can absolutely do it. Go, soak up the experience and enjoy every minute of it. I can't wait to read about how you ROCKED it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support!!!! I will make a post about it as soon as I can on Monday! I know people say that are more than likely jealous however it kills your mood especailly when your own mind is giving you doubts now and then. This is a bucket list item for me and my best friend (and I secretly think it will be a first but not the last for me!).

      Delete