Friday, October 19, 2012

Less than 2 days to go!

Less that two days.. More like 46 hours and some odd minutes until the St. Louis Rock N' Roll Half Marathon. Yes I am still petrified and yes I still haven't found a shirt to wear but I do love my sparkle skirt and my under armour carpi's I bought.

Need to pack my stuff all up tonight and hope to find a shirt tomorrow either at the expo or when my best friend and I go shopping after the expo. I am really looking forward to some good quality time with her tomorrow we will have the whole day just the two of us shopping and having girl fun. After the long stressful crappy week I've had I think its much needed.

So last weekend I told my husband how far the race was and this week he has bounced back and forth between saying I won't be able to do it or finish it to last night saying it would be tight if we had to walk a lot to get the 13.1 done in 4 hours. Then he told me that he told his Grandma (who is a grumpy very opinionated woman) that I was doing a race and how far and I told him I didn't want to hear what her snide remark was. After a whole week of several people saying I am crazy, dumb, stupid won't be able to do it etc. I have decided if we have to crawl we will finish this race to prove everyone wrong and prove we can do it.

I know it will by far be the hardest thing I have done ever but I also think it will be one of the most rewarding things. Second to the birth of my boys :) Over dinner last night I told my husband that my friend and I were signing up for a race after Thanksgiving and told him he should join us. He thought about it and said maybe... Then I told him that I had been eyeing a race that I wanted him to do with me because you needed a partner. I want to do a Warrior Dash race and I have heard its easier to do those with someone you know so you always have help at the obstacles if you need it. I think they look like tons of fun and would love to do one.

Can't wait for the race Sunday to take pictures of it and get some good pictures of me and my best friend all sparkly in our race skirts. And to make some more awesome memories with her before she moves away.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck and have a great time with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! you'll do great! I want to do the Warrior Dash too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Glad I am not the only one who thinks the Warrior Dash looks fun I have told a few friends and got some weird looks :)

      Delete
    2. Shelley, I would never tell you those negative things. I am appalled and shocked. Maybe I live in a fantasy land but I hope when I have a dream and a goal, I never hear that I am stupid or cannot do it. What crushing words. I am sorry about that because its so poor for your spirit. I know you will never tell your boys things like this and they will probably have a lot more confidence in themselves.

      I actually DONT think I could do a race like this. I don't put in the time or effort with running. I have negative exercise self esteem, but I am surprised to hear that people actually say these things to others. I hear it in my head, but not from others. WOW.

      Delete