I told the boys I would take them swimming even tho I wanted nothing more than to take a nap we packed up and headed to the pool.
The boys loved the pool. We met some of their friends from daycare there a well as kyler their cousin. They all had a great time and didn't want to leave.
They didn't want to take a picture with me but I got one anyway. Nathan decided to take a break on my lap in between swimming.
He shared some nachos and well had cheese all over. We finally convinced the kids we needed to leave and told them we would stop at yokidoki wish I would have thought to take a picture. It was the first time for them to have frozen yogurt and actually I didn't tell them until after. They thought it tasted just like ice cream.
We went home to rest a bit then headed for the carnival I may or may not have been living off soda to keep me awake. The kids loved riding rides then playing games. I got to catch up with Kathy while she was working the pull tab booth.
Saturday started out ok kids slept in which was so nice! I had to be at the fire dept to load up stuff as we were going to cook at an all school reunion in St. James that evening. We got there got everything set up and our pagers went off. The call was quite a ways from where we were Donnie and I stood there debating on going, his dad who's the chief said two could go and two could stay. Well Donnie said that he and I would go and take my car. Do I drive fast no not real fond of it even in the ambulance however he is since he's a deputy. So I flew and nope didn't look at how fast just held on and drove. Still not really sure how to put in to words about that call. I do know that I was glad we went glad I knew the area glad to have made a phone call to get a friend with a truck who also knew the area to help us get down to where we needed to be. I know all things happen for reasons and most time reasons we don't understand. I was glad to be a familiar face to my friends who are like family to me to be there to comfort them as much as was possible in that situation. It was also my first time to step up take charge of a call and get things done that needed done. At the time I didn't realize I was the leader, I didn't have seniority over our fire fighters there, but I was the one who stepped up I don't think anyone else knew what to do or wanted to do it. There was a lot of firsts for me that afternoon/evening things I hope to never do in my career again (even tho I know things like that will I can only hope its not involving close friends). We stayed as long as we could afterwards I felt bad leaving but knew we had to get back to help cook at the function in St. James. The way back to town felt like it took forever we decided to stop at Mobil and get us a fountain soda and got two small bottles of american honey to put in it. Not sure it helped either of us but it sounded and tasted good. I sat off to myself most of the rest of the evening wasn't sure how to process what happened going over what I wish I could have done but knowing deep down the outcome would have been the same.







No comments:
Post a Comment