Anyway last Saturday I took the kids to roller skate. The babysitter was taking we grandkids so of course mine wanted to go as well. I have been skating since I was 2 or 3 my dad always took me every Saturday and Sunday my whole childhood. It was our thing we did together and most of the time he was the only adult/parent out there skating.
Blake had been skating once Nathan had never tried. So we went and I got us all three on roller blades. Nathan preferred the carpet to practice on he did go out on the rink with me twice.
Blake did good and by the end of the 3 hours he was more confident and could get himself around the rink.
I skated the whole 3 hours minus maybe 10 minutes. When I would check on Nathan or take a quick break for a drink. The boys loved it and want to go back. On our way home I called my dad to tell him about our afternoon and I think we will make a skating date soon with him and the boys.
After we got home I ended up running fire calls for brush fires so by bedtime I was wore out and SORE!
Friday morning I took Nathan for his preschool screening. So as a special treat we went to breakfast together before screening. He was one happy camper to have breakfast out with just mom.
This weekend Kenny and I are doing the race to the rocker it's a 4 mile point to point race with some friends. I wasnt really planning to do this race and well I will just wing it (then have muscles that hate me later). I got a text last night that our team shirts had came in. I was quite happy with the color not so sure the guys on the team will be.
I don't really have many goals for the race. Other than dont finish last and try to beat my time from last year.





Love the shirts, I hope you have a great time!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks I liked the shirts and can't wait to see them in person Saturday. The race should be fun we riding to the race with a couple that are lots of fun. Its her first race I believe and his second or third last year after he raced the team went out for some lunch and drinks :)
DeleteI love that you and your dad had a special tradition like that:) What a great memory! I was never a good skater, I spent more time on the rails or my butt than upright;) Good luck in the race!
ReplyDeleteMy oldest fell a couple of times but thankfully I never came close. Its one heck of a workout head to toe!
DeleteThe kids are growing up fast! Miss seeing them.
ReplyDeleteThe barbecue will be Sunday, April 13th at 1 p.m.
Bring a covered dish. Hope you're off that day.