I am pretty darn glad that February is gone done and over. It wasn't a terrible month but it sure wasn't a great one either. Had lots of thing happen that stressed me out and didn't help that its stayed super cold. We had a couple nice days but I was always working on those go figure.
I only posted twice last month, had lots of potential posts in my mind but never put them down and hit post. My attitude sucked for the last couple weeks of the month (still working on that now). Things were piling on that stressed me more and more to where little things would send me over the edge. I HATE that feeling and then hate knowing that I let bad old habits creep back in. Luckily this time around I was smart and let a couple close friends know I how things were going and I was able to keep some of the bad habits at bay.
This month I want to have a great month with food fitness and attitude and be in a good spot mentally. I have some things I wont discuss that I need to work on an change but lets just say I got hit hard with something unexpected last Tuesday that threw me in to a bad downward spiral.
Last month my goals were:
1-Get a schedule figured out where I can schedule time in for workouts. I have my first race of the year coming up in 22 days its just a fun 5k but I want to beat my time of last year. First race was wake up call that its not smart to wing a 5k (and not smart to stand and work 3 hours prior to race) I tied my time from last year which I was ok with.
2-Get my costume done for that race and quit procrastinating. I have the tulle just need to cut and make the tutu. Had it done in plenty of time even made two tutus for a couple little girls and another one the morning of the race for a friend.
3-Continue to drink more water and cut back on soda. About 80% on this I drank more water but some days still had two sodas instead of one or none. However I did have several days (not in a row) that I didn't drink any soda
4-Bring healthy lunches for work and cook more crockpot meals along with cooking more than we need at night so we have leftovers for a few days. This was hit and miss between me working nights and then nights I was home Kenny would work late I opted for dinners that would have lots of leftoves. We had roast and veggies, salsa crock pot chicken, grilled one weekend. Kids well they had lots of cheese pizza lots of yogurt and chicken. On days I didn't bring my lunch there was only one day where I opted for temptation on a hamburger from sonic and regretted it the rest of the day.
5-Spend time with the boys one on one and together hope weather starts to warm up some so we can go for walks or bike rides on our road. Mother Nature sure didn't allow for a warm up and my bike has still not seen much of the outdoors. Did make time to spend with the boys we had several evenings that was just the 3 of us and we would cuddle on the couch watching a tv show.
Goals for March:
1-Get some mileage in on the dreaded treadmill. I have signed myself and hubby up for a 4 mile race March 22, some friends of ours are doing it and talked us in to it.
2-Contiue spending more time with the kids in evenings and once weather warms up taking them to the park or for long walks or bike rides.
3-Find ways to manage stress better
4-More water less soda (its getting easier but days when stressed I WANT my Dr. Pepper) Tried the Advocare Spark drink and like it and also use Zipfizz some as well.
5-Learn to open up more to my close friends before getting to the over stressed overwhelmed point.
Glad you were able to lean on some friends:)
ReplyDeleteLearning to lean on friends is a sign of strength, as much as we want to be superheros...even superheros need friends ;)
ReplyDeleteAwe thanks Laura! I try to do it all and well I am realizing I do need friends to lean on to keep me sane once in awhile.
Delete