Its been a LONG time since I posted.. didn't think anyone would want to hear about how boring my last few weeks have been.
So I will post some random things that's happened lately and what's coming up.
*I have 8 days 18 min and 25 seconds until my doctor appointment July 2. Yes I created a countdown reminder on my phone.
*Blake will be 8 in less than a month where the heck has time gone!!!!!!!!! I need to start planning for his birthday party and creating the menu. Need some new fun things to try. I get tired of the same rut of the same side dishes each party...
*Who knew that every muscle in your body could be angry all at once?? Apparently using crutches can make muscles you didn't know you had hurt. Guess the only way to look at it is its a workout.. Would rather be outside running or using my weights or bowflex but hey maybe I will get some killer defined arms after all this.
*Also if anyone hears me complaining about my big calf muscles ever again smack me... I have always disliked them because I thought they were to big ugly etc. And couldn't wear the cute knee high boots you see in the store an online. However those strong calf muscles (and big thigh muscles) have helped me get around with fairly little discomfort the last few weeks.
*And who knew that in 4 weeks you could lose a lot of muscle mass. I really should take a picture of my legs side by side to see the huge difference in my calf muscles!
*Miss my Independence and being able to drive like crazy. However my husband said today he sort of likes riding to work with me and the kids and may continue... I gave him a look and he rephrased it saying maybe a couple days a week.
*Nathan has been growing like a little weed and is a big story teller. He will talk your ear off and tell you all about everything. We picked the kids up a couple weeks ago from my parents house and he told me guess what bubba did. I said what. He proceeded to tell me about them hitting a big bump and jumping a hill on the buggy thing (similar to a John Deere Gator). I was like really hmm. Blake gets in the car and Nathan says tell mommy what you did today when we were riding in the buggy. Blake goes oh nothing happened we ran over a mole hill and it was rough...
*I am really really missing working on the ambulance. Hadn't really talked to anyone I worked with since I broke the bone. Actually figured none of them knew. I had told my captain, boss and one other girl. And I guess they all have heard by now. I talked to one medic via texting Friday and he teased me telling me I was the first at the base to ever be put on the fugitive injured list.
*Still have nightmares about my jump. Still worried that I won't be able to get back to working out and doing races. Know that once I get the ok to train that I need to sign up for a couple races to get back out there. And I think I will sign up for a mud run or a all girls mud/obstacle course race. I WILL NOT do the fugitive run again. I may go cheer friends on that want to try it but I won't get out there.
*Very ready to getting back to being able to cook and to eat more than quick fix dinners like hotdogs, fish sticks and frozen pizzas. I have to give hubby credit he's trying but can't multi task. Laundry gets piled up and we won't even discuss the kitchen disaster with dishes and stuff everywhere.... But he's getting a huge taste of what I did daily and was expected to cook dinner after long day of work get kids fed bathed, laundry done keep up with dishes and cleaning all week.
*We both took a vacation day for Blake's bday next month and are taking the boys to the zoo and it will be kept as a surprise until the day of. I also took the day before that off so I can have some time with just the kids and we can play outside in their pool and they can be well rested for the zoo trip.
Hang in there girl! You're doing the right thing...resting and recovering! When you're all healed you will get your fitness back in no time! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThanks!! The whole resting thing is hard!!!
DeleteI can't wait for your doc appt, I really hope you get fabulous news!
ReplyDeleteCrutches are seriously the worst, I have been there so I feel your pain.
You'll be amazed how fast you will get back into things once you are allowed, your strength and endurance will come back pretty easily....crutches are a workout so it's not like you haven;t done ANYTHING :):)
Sending positive vibes your way!!
Thanks for the vibes!! So you've been down the long road of crutches too..??
Delete